Central Women’s Hospital
Central Women Hospital was founded in 1897 through the Lady Dufferin Fund. Known to the people as Lady Dufferin, Hariot Georgina Hamilton-Temple-Blackwood, Marchioness of Dufferin and Ava was a British peeress, known for her success in the role of "diplomatic wife," and for leading an initiative to improve medical care for women in British India. It marks the history of hospital care in Myanmar by western medicine. The building D is the oldest among the premises and is the Heritage of Yangon. It is a public hospital, a tertiary care teaching hospital of the University of Medicine 1, Yangon, University of Nursing, Yangon and the University of Medical Technology, Yangon.