Financial AidComing soon
Teaching Learning AidComing soon
Research AidComing soon
Information on Body Donation to the University of Medicine 1 Yangon
Eligible PersonEveryone at 18 years (or) older can donate his/her body to the University of Medicine 1 Yangon for use in medical education.
Place to register for body donationOffice of Anatomy Department, Pyay Campus of the University of Medicine 1 Yangon
Office hours:9:00 am – 3:00pm
- The donor must come in person
- A recent portrait photograph for identification
- Two witnesses (spouse; one close relative and another person; both can be relatives)
- No additional documents such as medical records, etc., is required.
- Acceptance of the body will be decided by the Board of Body Donation depending on the cause of death, mode of death and other circumstances as it is unpredictable when a person will pass away and how.
- Generally, body donation is cancelled under following circumstances.
- if the donor passed away due to communicable disease of public health concern (such as cholera, plague, H1N1, COVID19, etc.)
- if the donor has a communicable disease as above mentioned although the cause of death is not due to that disease.
- if the cause of death is cancer (decision is made case-by-case basis)
- if the donor has any uncleared legal issues
How the donated body is usedThe donated bodies are emblemed and stored in clod room in separate containers and used for teaching in dissection classes for the undergraduate medical students, for cadaveric surgery training for the postgraduate students and for research.
Procedures to do when the donor passed away
- The family or caretaker of the donor should inform the Department of Anatomy of the University of Medicine 1 Yangon.
- The department will reply for the acceptance of the donated body after making decision based on the facts described above.
- After confirmation by the Department of Anatomy, the donated body should be delivered to the Department of Anatomy. The support of social associations can be helpful. (We apologize for the inconvenience, if any, as we still do not have dedicated vehicle to transport the donated body).
Please contact to this mobile number: 09427617774